Aim of the conference
The transition from childhood to adulthood is a complex process, involving physical, psychological and social perspectives. This conference brings together anyone involved in children’s and teenager’s care including: researchers, clinicians, practitioners, teachers, policy makers, other health sector employees. We aim to develop an in-depth understanding of the transition from multidisciplinary perspectives; explore the challenges, key issues and ways forward in the transition, adopting global approaches and learning from around the world.
Objectives of the conference
- create dialogue on theory and practice
- share information on experiences from a national & global context
- showcase best practice and innovative programs
- create an impetus for change and development
- determine gaps in our knowledge and evidence base and how we may address them
- identify policy and program issues
- determine strategies for future action and collaboration
An international audience containing researchers, staff within child & teenager care, staff within educational institutions/schools and health & social workers. The success of this conference depends on that we get a critical mass of passionate delegates engaged in exchanging ideas. To collaborate in making the most of this conference we would appreciate you spreading the word about the conference.
June 17-19 with a Welcome Reception on the evening on the 16th & a Conference Dinner on the evening 18th of June.
The conference will be held at Pullman Cairns International (former Hotel Sebel) in the city centre of Cairns, located in north-east Australia. The organizers of this conference acknowledges that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the original inhabitants and traditional custodians of this continent and that they have unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land and waters.
Standard registration is $650 (until 31/3/2013), thereafter, late fee registration is $750.
Note: All prices are in Australian dollars and include welcome reception and a conference dinner (it is the same fee whether you participate in them or not).
Presentations and poster sessions will be grouped in four different themes:
- Body Esteem & Physical Change
- Self-Esteem & Identity Formation
- The Contexts of Change
- Positive Futures: Ways forward